3 ESO Speaking Test Situations

In part 2 of the Cambridge PET speaking exam, the examiner explains a situation and gives you some visual material. With a partner, you have to decide what to do in the situation.


Here are some useful expressions to help you begin, maintain the conversation and end this part of the test:


USEFUL EXPRESSIONS FOR PET SPEAKING PART 2

Beginning
OK, we need to decide what to buy / get / do /where to go / what we should take [for example, objects on a journey]
So, which of these are the most important / are the best / are the most useful?
So, which of these would he / she like?

Saying what you think
I think we should / he should + infinitive
In my opinion, we should + infinitive
It would be a good idea to + infinitive because…….
I think it would be better to + infinitive than to + infinitive
I think he’d / she’d like ….

Making suggestions
Why don’t we …? + infinitive
We could / she could + infinitive
How about…? + - ing form
What about the…. ? + object. What do you think about that?
Let’s + infinitive
I’d like to + infinitive. What about you?
……. would be useful. Do you agree?

Asking what your partner thinks
Do you agree?
How about you? Do you agree?
What do you think?

Agreeing
Yes, I agree.
Yes, that’s a good / great idea.
That sounds good.
Disagreeing
No, I don’t think so because….
I don’t think that’s a very good idea because…
That’s not a bad idea but….
That’s true but….
I’m sorry, I don’t agree.
Im not sure about that. What about…. + object / + - ing form

Preferences
[Specific occasion] I’d rather + infinitive + than + infinitive
[Specific occasion] I’d prefer to + infinitive
[In general] I prefer + noun + noun
[In general] I prefer + - ing form + to + - ing form

Concluding
So, we think …. and … are the most important things. Is that right?
So, we’re going to take [objects on a journey] / get / buy / go to  …. and …. . Is that right?
Yes, let’s take / get / buy/ go to…..
So we think he should + infinitive…
So we think he’d like + object / + to + infinitive
Yes, I think he’d really like that.
Yes, I think that would be best.
Yes, that would be really good.

Here you have some sample situations to practise:




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario